Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Camera phones.. To be or not to be, that is the question

In front of Wayne State's Parking structures, students
wanted to build a snowman 


I remember growing up when me and my brother used to call Michigan our winter wonderland. Now that I'm all grown up, I really just can't wait to move somewhere warm and beautiful although Michigan's winter isn't bad when you have a warm day.
Warm to Michiganders is about 30 degrees in the winter. There's one site to see though, snow fall. Snow fall is beautiful (of course when it's fresh). Possibilities are endless with a fresh snow fall. Yes, roads are slick and it's hard to keep your balance, but you also have snow days at school and it’s OK to be a kid again. Go out and build a snowman, go sledging with the kids in your neighborhood and go declare a snowball war with your friends.
Starbucks is campus' spot for hot chocolates and coffee
Winter in Michigan is like living in the South Pole if you do it right. I can recall waking up and going outside to the bright white snow bouncing off of the snow’s radiance. I've been in college for three years and it seems like every year I appreciate how beautiful the winter looks more and more.
The winter and the summer are two of my favorite seasons and that’s because of how many activities there are to do. In the winter you have the winter sports. There’s ice skating, sledging, skiing and many more fun things to do.
I think it’s ironic that in a photojournalism class, instead of using a high volume Nikon or Canon DSLR camera out first assignment, we use cell phones. It seems like taking pictures on my phone is a part of my daily routine. I just knew that I had to capture one of the things I see in almost every part of my day, SNOW!

I’m used to taking pictures of myself and my friends on Instagram but I've never taken pictures to make a statement or prove a point, but I’m up for the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment